Monday, August 13, 2012

Cub Scout Baseball Camp

The boys were invited to a Cub Scout Baseball Camp and had a real blast learning the skills and rules of the game.  Four players from the Potomac Nationals team taught them how to pitch, hit, catch and throw and then coached them in a game against their friends.  They both thought getting to use the batting cage was the best part of the camp, followed by getting to play a scrimmage.  Ian hit a double but ended up getting forced out a couple of batters later and Evan scored a run and happily skipped from third base to home plate.  Here a couple of pictures from the camp.  We will have to make sure to check back with this pack again and see what other fun activities they plan that we can piggy back along with!

Evan made a friend and it was so cute to see them holding hands to balance each other while stretching.




What's up with those legs?

Ian's trying out pitching.

Ian watching a real pitcher show them how it is done.




2 comments:

Gwen said...

Have you found the pack that you'll "belong" to you? I found it so weird fitting in here (read that sitting back and watching all the other leaders lead). But, we're ok with the Pack now. It's just weird starting over.

Glad they had a great day!

grammyscraps said...

Welcome Home!!! I've just been getting caught up with your blog..haven't been home much this summer. I have so loved your blog..you have taken me places I will never get to on my own, including DC probably. Hubby was there a few years ago and loved it.
Hope your things have arrived and you are able to get settled (and seated).

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...