Saturday, December 01, 2012

There are some sports I just don't get...

Basketball is one of them.  I try to understand it but really there are a lot of rules and none of them make any sense to me.  But Ian wanted to play with his friends so we twice a week go to practices and now spend a good chunk of our Saturdays watching this.

Today was his first game.  I think he did pretty good for the fact that he has NEVER played before besides at practices.  Here's some good shots of my number 4.





You know I always thought he was a big kid but next to some of these other boys he looks so small.  Score - oh we got slaughtered, the one little tiny boy on the other team had like 26 points all by himself by the time the first half was over.  He was good but I think the other team's coach should have taken that boy out a little more and let the rest of the kids have a chance to score.  I think the score was 6-50 after the dust all settled.  Oh well, right now we are just in the pre-season games to put us in the right conference so we shouldn't have to play that team again.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Oh, basketball is one of the only sports I understand! LOL I think it's one of the easiest to follow. R is playing again this year. Should be interesting.

Melanie said...

There are some competitive teams in our division that don't mind running up the score like that. All the kids need a chance to score! Great pics!

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...