Monday, March 23, 2009

Does She Get HD Reception With That Thing?


We are back from spring break and Beaker went under the knife today to have a cyst removed from between her toes. See her poor wittle bandage on her poor wittle paw!! She is walking ok except for the Elizabethen collar. Beaker is part Beagle meaning she walks with her nose to the ground ALWAYS and this collar is so in her way. I wish I could show you pictures of her trying to go potty outside, it took her over 15 minutes to finally do it because she couldn't sniff the ground around her. And the walls in my house will probably all need to be repainted because when she lays down she does the normal dog turning around 3 times before you lay but she likes to rub up against things when she does and her collar keeps hitting them.
The lady at the vet said we could take it off if we think she won't lick her paw but the whole reason we even found out she had a cyst was because she was keeping Darren and I awake at night licking her paw. This is going to be a long 2 weeks. Did I mention she can't reach her head down to the food in her dish or her water. UGH!!

5 comments:

Lacey said...

Poor Beaker (although inside I am laughing to myself...sorry :). I hope her toe heals soon!

Catherine said...

Poor thing! Hope she gets better in a hurry!

Anonymous said...

Poor Beakers!1 How long does she have to have the cone??
Hope all goes well for Beakers!!

Nora

lisa said...

AW! Poor Beaker!! At least they make those things clear now...I remember one of our dogs having one that was solid white...poor thing could see anything peripherally!!

Thanks for poppin by my blog! I'm doing well...busy as usual, but no complaints! How are you? The boys? Any fun stuff comming up??

Cheri said...

Poor doggie! What a PITA for you and Beaker. Do you have to hand feed her? That'd be a beagle's dream come true!;)

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...