Sunday, August 30, 2009

Eventually my kitchen will be updated and beautiful.

This weekend we started work on replacing the kitchen cabinets in the island. Eventually we will do them all but I know we can get this project done in a weekend and I won't be without a kitchen for weeks on end.

Here are some pictures of the progress.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Look at all the wasted space.
Photobucket
They actually came out really easy (KNOCK ON WOOD).
Photobucket

All gone, you can see why we have to keep the same footprint, because we don't want to replace the tile and they don't make it anymore.
Photobucket
Photobucket

The new ones going in. See my cool lazy susan in the corner to make it so that we can use all the space!!
Photobucket

It was getting dark so you can't see the wood color really well but it is a nice dark oak. We will get the last drawers in tomorrow and the handles on it all. Then we can put the countertop back on until the other side is all done and then have the granite guys come out!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Cynthia Baldwin said...

I love that lazy Susan! Sounds like you have a great plan, doing it piecemeal...and I esp. like the plan for the granite! It's good you guys are so handy - I'm sure the kitchen will look great soon enough!!

Catherine said...

They look wonderful!!

Katie said...

Lovely! come do mine next? We started it last December and we stopped to work on various other projects because they were more important.

Anonymous said...

ooh, jen! love it... youll love all that new space in the corner :)

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...