We are moving to South Korea. It is known as The Land of the Morning Calm. Kind of makes you wonder what happens after lunch. *wink*
I can't say that I am not nervous, I am but I am also really excited because it is going to be quite the adventure. How many people get to go to that part of the world and live and travel? Believe me, you will see lots of pictures here!! The boys are also very excited. I am really blessed and lucky to have kids who adapt to change so well!! They are really excited to see Korea and also to meet new people and start a new school. School will be different, it will be much smaller than it is here in Texas but they will go to school on post. Anyways, here is a map of the other side of the world, Korea is much farther north than Texas so we will see snow again!
We aren't going to Seoul. We are going a little farther south to a base called Camp Humphreys. Darren will be in charge of the design and construction of the new hospital they are building on post. He is excited about the project! If you can see on this map a town south of Seoul called Pyeongtaek, Camp Humphreys is south of that near a tiny town called An-Jung Ri.
So right now we are waiting on passports and visas, they should all be here by the beginning of May. We ship are new truck over the middle of May (still not sure on the logistics of how he is getting back and forth to work because I can't walk all the places I need to be every day) and they come to pack us up at the end of May. We leave middle of June after we visit family.Right now I have been busily trying to get loose ends tied up on things that I can do since I like to control stuff and I can't on a lot of things with this move. I have been getting kids physicals and stuff for school once we get there so I don't have to try to move to a new country and get the kids to the doctor all in the same month. Trying to sift through stuff at the house and figure out what I can live without for 2 to 3 years because we can't take everything. It is enough to leave you sleepless at night (well okay for me it is because I know my better half is sleeping just fine). There are going to be a lot of things that I am going to miss starting with friends and conveniences like Walmart being right down the street and open 24 hours. But we will adapt.
12 comments:
I miss you already and you haven't even left yet.
What an amazing adventure for your family. Best of luck with the move.
whoa! that is a huge move! it will be a good experience for your kids! the hubs goes to korea somewhat regularly for exercises.
What an adventure for your family! I was stationed in Misawa, Japan when I was in the USAF. It was an experience!
such big news!! so glad for the internet :) it wont feel like you went anywhere ;)
What an amazing adventure you will have!
I am so excited for y'all! I would LOVE to be able to go overseas again!
Holy Cow JEN!!!!! I'd cry if they sent me across the ocean to a foreign country like that. You are so brave!! I can't wait to see the photos you take..I bet there are some really cool photo ops over there!! :)
I'm sad and excited for you at the same time. You'll have to find time in your busy schedule to let me take you out for your birthday early since you'll be gone by then. Sniff, sniff. I'm glad that at least you'll have this blog to keep me up on all the latest details. :)
it will be an exciting adventure. I've never been to Korea and I'm thinking of traveling to Asia in 2011 so maybe I can visit you. Keep us informed of the move.
You are a brave women! We look forward to seeing your photos.
I figured it was something like that. My DIL spent 18 months there. Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment