We have been keeping busy here with trying to get settled in. We found an apartment off post to live in until we get post housing. It is about a mile and a half outside the gate, so not too far. The school bus comes right into the neighborhood here to pick up the kids to take them on post for school which is nice, I don't have to walk them on any of these crazy skinny roads.
Well I ended up in the hospital for a day (this was before the fourth of July, I just haven't mentioned it). I got dehydrated and got kidney stones. Here is the weird 1/3 pound hotdog that did me in. I ate a bite and then got sick. That's when I went to the ER and they showed me the country-side via ambulance.
I liked how they do their medication over here. I ended up in a Korean hospital because the small little clinics where we are didn't have a urologist. Instead of giving you lots of little bottles you get these little packets with your name and number on them and you take one packet as prescribed. So nice for when you are on the go, just grab the number of packets you need and go.
We got our car right after I got done at the hospital. Which is nice because we had to figure out a way besides ambulance to get me back up there for my follow-up. Here are some pictures of the countryside. We live in the country - rice country.
And I love their tire shops how they are set up going straight up to not take up more space than is necessary.
After my follow up appointment we stopped at Osan Air Base and checked out their PX and commissary because supposedly it is much bigger than Hump's. It is, but only marginally. Well the one thing Osan does have is they have a Chili's right on post. We stopped for lunch and celebrated a belated birthday to me.
The only nice restaurant we have on post at Hump is the Alaskan Mining Company and it is good but it isn't Chili's. Outside the Alaskan Mining Company they have this sign showing how far everything is.
A picture of downtown Anjung-Ri, getting ready for the Friday night life and putting away the dinner stuff.
Found this weird sign while we were walking around. I wonder what you can exchange your underwear for or if their prices are just that bad that you will need to exchange your underwear?
I impressed Darren and was able to ask "How much?" and got the boys some Lego look alikes. They are made in China and the boys think the guys are the Russians from Indiana Jones and play that they are the bad guys. They work perfect with the regular Legos.
And now for one of the things we see all the time going on or leaving post. They are doing a lot of construction and digging on and around post. I don't know if it is a losing battle this guy is fighting or job security but his job is to sweep up after the dump trucks and unload here. He does it with what looks like a homemade wisk broom.
And one last picture. I got my hair done because it really needed it and Darren says I am going native because it is really dark. I think she did a great job.
















3 comments:
I had a kidney stone last summer. I'd rather have a baby.
hope you are feeling better! Love your haircut!
Glad you are feeling better and getting settled!
LOVE your hair!
Karen
Post a Comment