I am learning more about my camera now that I am getting settled in. I took a Photography 101 course over on post a couple of weekends ago and I really enjoyed myself. The guy teaching the class was very helpful in helping me learn what some of the buttons on my camera are for. The biggest one being the "reset" button!!
I also won a spot in Katrina Kennedy's Your Kids: Captured Through the Lens class over at Get It Scrapped. We are in week two right now but week one was learning the different between Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority on the camera and how to get your kids without the cheesy smile.
These are the ones I turned in for my assignments first.
Taken on AV mode (f/5.6, 1/1250, ISO400)
Taken on TV mode (f/3.5, 1/4000, ISO400).
I thought they both looked dark even though we were in the shade, I was using a pretty good ISO so it was suggested that I look at my EV and I found that it was all the way down at -2. So after bumping it back up to 0. I tried taking a couple more and I got this one.
This one is SOOC on AV mode (f/5.6, 1/500 sec, 200ISO). Much better!!
Here are a few others that I took of Evan playing out at the track while Ian was at running club. Can't wait to play some more!! I am loving learning how to get better photos of them!!
It probably helps that you have cute kids, but I've always loved your photos. Let me know how you like that class. I'm taking the Karen Russell class right now, but I already know that I'm going to have lots of work to do even after class is over.
3 comments:
I think the photos looked great. Once I unlocked the great mystery of the Exposure meter, things got a lot clearer.
It probably helps that you have cute kids, but I've always loved your photos. Let me know how you like that class. I'm taking the Karen Russell class right now, but I already know that I'm going to have lots of work to do even after class is over.
What is AV mode? LOL! I have a Nikon so I'm trying to figure out what you're saying! :)
Post a Comment