Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Back in the USA

I guess I've been back for just over a month now but it has been a busy busy month.  I just finally looked at my blog and realized that it has been neglected for long enough.  We have moved into our new house (it still isn't a home yet because none of my stuff has made it from Korea yet - we'll maybe call it a home once I have my bed again) and I finally have cable and internet again.  Getting cable and internet was an experience, after 2 years of "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit" cable and internet I was completely shocked at all the choices I could get for cable.  I know have more TV channels than I think we will be able to watch in our two years here in DC and internet that is so fast I think my emails are sending before I'm done typing!  LOL!!  But it is nice to be connected again and also to get up and watch some TV while eating my breakfast.

We got the boys registered for school and ran out and bought them both uniforms because they get to wear uniforms at this school.  This weekend I have a full weekend of volunteer training so that I can volunteer at their school this year.  It will be nice to meet some other adults.  I think that is the worst part of moving.  I feel so lonely here because I don't know anyone and it is so hard to meet new people.  I did join a gym but with us being a one car family right now it hasn't really been on my list of things to do but I will get back to hitting the gym regularly again once we get the other car back.  

I can't wait to get our house all settled and start scrapping and sewing again.  I miss being crafty and didn't have that much space or time to do it regularly when we lived in our apartment in Korea.  I will have a larger space to work with here and time too if I don't let myself get talked into too many things!

Well enjoy your summer, wish I was still in Hawaii.  I don't know if I want Darren stationed there but it was awesome to visit.  We had so much fun at the beach and I actually snorkeled!  Time to start cleaning the house so that everything is ready when the transportation gods decide to let our stuff arrive!!


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Glad to have you back!

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...