Saturday, July 28, 2012

Iwo Jima Memorial

This not having furniture thing is starting to get rough on my bottom so today we finally just needed to get out of the house and do something but we didn't feel like being in the crowds of summer visitors in DC.  Darren told me to grab my camera and we decided to try to find the Iwo Jima Memorial again.  After two tries we finally found the turn to get into the parking lot and we walked around and checked out the memorial.  The clouds were so pretty because there was a storm rolling in.



This is one of my favorite parks in DC because it is so quiet and peaceful.  Tonight the campanile was tinkling in the background as we walked around.  The boys were excited to see the dome of the Capital Building, the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial off in the distance.  After we finished up here it still wasn't raining so we headed off over the Memorial Bridge and drove through the National Mall area and told the boys about the different museums that we can see and saw the White House!  Maybe tomorrow we'll have another adventure.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I've always wanted to visit DC...

Gwen said...

We are coming to DC at some point this week. But, we will have my inlaws in tow, so it'll be weird. We'll definitely have to get back somewhere to hook up soon. I wonder what's halfway between us?

Sorry you still don't have furniture. I know exactly how you feel. Went through it last year. I was so sick and tired of air mattresses and camp chairs. :(

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...