Friday, July 27, 2012

The Olympics Start Tonight

Are you planning on watching the opening ceremony?  The boys and I are going to watch, I remember watching the Beijing opening ceremony 4 years ago with them and I am interested to see if London can top what Beijing did.  And all this secrecy about who will be carrying the torch, sadly I probably won't even know who it is because it will be some new star.

July is almost over and the kids will be starting school in a month.  I always feel bad for them when we have to move during the summer because they don't get to spend the time off with their friends doing all the stuff kids should do during the summer.  Instead they are stuck at the house with their mom.  Luckily they play really well together but I know for even them not having all their stuff and furniture is getting old.  Hopefully next week.

We did go out this week and buy school uniforms.  The boys have to wear uniforms at their new school and they are going to look so stinking cute on the first day of school!  Still need to go out and find leather shoes for both of them but we can hit Stride Rite or something like that and find some nice comfy shoes.

The kids are the only ones missing their friends.  I came across this picture again today and I miss my friends so much.  Hopefully one day we will see each other again and it won't just be instant messages on FaceBook.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

It's so hard isn't it? I was thinking a while back that I'll be so glad when we can plant roots somewhere and be "normal". LOL

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...