Friday, February 07, 2014

Have you ever loved someone so much you just want to smack them?

UGH, I am not ready for teenagers.  My oldest has picked up some stupid habits that I just want to smack out of him.  I can handle the not listening when I talk to him and having to repeat myself because I'm used to it but the lying about stupid stuff just grates on my every nerve.  Stupid stuff like,

ME: "Did you brush your teeth?"
HIM (sheepishly): "Yes."

Dude I'm sitting right next to you and can smell your morning breath, TRY AGAIN!

So this weekend, he is going camping (yes I know it isn't going to be above freezing all weekend!).  He is in charge of bring the food for breakfast.  Tuesday when he handed me a list, I asked him how they were cooking the eggs and he said in a pan.  This morning while walking to school, I asked him again if he needed anything else for my list and he said bags so they could cook the eggs in a bag.  Now granted 7:30AM isn't the best time for me and I kind of blew up at him saying that he just told me the other day they were cooking the eggs in a pan so which was it.  Which of course makes him do my second least favorite thing, break down in tears because I yelled at him.  So after stopping in the middle of the street because I didn't want to make the kid show up for school with tears in his eyes (I'm not a monster), we "chatted" about what is actually going to happen for breakfast and did he listen when they discussed it?  Which led to him finally telling me that he wasn't actually part of the discussion because he was tying knots to get it signed off in his book.

Which leads to me making this face!!!  Because if he had just said that in the beginning we wouldn't even be having this loud discussion that is making him cry and me look like a crazy woman.  I mean did he think I was going to be mad because he wasn't part of the discussion but still brought home a list of things that he had to bring?

I'm seriously too old for this crap.  I just want him to tell me the truth - the first time I ask without me making him cry and having to pry it out of him.  I mean I kind of get the deodorant/washing face/tooth brushing thing.  It's a boy thing!  Got it!!  But man, when does this phase end because I'm thinking that maybe a good Gibb's slap (yes I watch NCIS) wouldn't hurt him because the concussion might just activate some of those brain cells!!



OK rant over.  Now I have to go grocery shopping for breakfast items.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Don't forget the bags! LOL

I almost spit out my tea imagining you making that face! The crazy thing is I could see it plain as day! LOL

You and I are blessed and cursed at the same time by having TWO boys! They just don't think like we do. I've learned with Dev that it is in these years they are truly becoming men (in all ways!) They think and act in all the regards that men aggravate us! Just this morning, he looked at me and said, "So, is Barry coming over today?" What???? Barry is your friend, have you invited him over or is this your way of inviting him over? I don't get it!

We will survive these teenage boy years. I truly believe we are more blessed than cursed. Thankfully. Hopefully. ;)

Jennifer Moore said...

Omg, how I can relate! Going through the same with my 2 boys.

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...