Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Real Quick

Got some scrapping done today. Felt good to be creative. This first one took awhile. It has been sitting on my desk all in pieces for a couple of days, I had an idea for it but had a hard time getting the energy up to start cutting. It is based on a Scrapbook Play challenge at ScrapAttack.com. I had to "think spring" and base my layout on something springy. I had found this picture of a blue bird with an orange chest sitting in a green tree on a brown branch. The colors worked well with the pictures. I used up some random stuff out of a couple of different Studio Calico kits. Funny how I find that combining them is easier for me. Then this morning I decided to try the birthday card challenge at ScrapAttack.com too. It was quite di"stressing" for me because we had to distress our card three different ways and then make our own embellishment. I inked, I tore and I sanded and then I pieced together this candle from some scraps that were ready for the trash can. And the saying came off a stamp I had found awhile back and didn't buy. Now I am thinking that I should have because it was a cute saying.
Thanks for looking! :)

6 comments:

Lacey said...

Cute!! I wish I could get bit by the scrapping bug again...someday.

Catherine said...

That's an adorable card! I'm having a little trouble using the SC kits I ordered.

Lauri {Scrap Attack} said...

You knocked these challenges out of the park! The lo is amazing but I just LOVE your card!! (I know, you are probably tired of me saying that but it's so cute!)

Helmka Family said...

Adorable projects! Love the saying on the card. I also need a bite from the scrapping bug!
tFS!
Karen

~*~Amy~*~ said...

Your card was great!!!

Remember there will be another one posted on May 8th!!!

Cheri said...

That card is SUPER CUTE!! Love the upside down heart for the inner flame.

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...