Sunday, May 24, 2009

Birdie Eviction!

OK so in our laundry room there is this vent in the ceiling. I like it because it can get humid in there when you are doing loads and loads of laundry. Lately we have heard chirps from there so Darren went out and cleaned out it today. He pulled all of that out by hand because it was so tightly packed in between the joists that the vacuum couldn't get it out. I say between the joists because when Darren pulled off the housing the tube wasn't even hooked up to the little thing on the outside so birds were just going in and using it as a house.
Guess tomorrow we will be visiting Lowes yet again this weekend to buy a thingy for the outside that has a little cage to keep the birdies out. ((And yes thing/thingy is the technical term for that metal part on the outside of the vent!!!))

2 comments:

Lacey said...

LOL! Well, better birds in your laundry room than squirrels in your attic above your bedroom :-). I am sure going back to Lowe's is not depressing Darren in the least.

Catherine said...

Well I hope you find the thingie you need!

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...