Monday, March 30, 2015

How many albums?

I feel like am drowning sometimes.  Drowning in scrapbooking supplies, fabric, crafty supplies, pictures.  I love taking pictures, I use my phone, my big camera, my waterproof camera, the cool camera that I can use with my phone.  I have hard drives and clouds full of photos.  But I also have albums, big albums and little albums, sitting on shelves and in bookcases all over my house.

I love scrapbooking.  I love cutting up paper and making pretty things but at the same time being a military family, I wonder what is going to happen to all these albums with pretty little layouts in the long run.  My kids really don't look at them.  I don't know if they really care about them past that it makes mommy happy to play with paper and stickers.  Lately, I have been trying to get more photos on a layout because while I love the "everyday moment" kinds of layouts I also feel like I am filling my life up with fluff that isn't really important.

So that leads me to ask.  What is important?  Is it the pages that get done?  Is it the time spent enjoying a hobby that makes me happy?  How do I decide?

2 comments:

Katie said...

I too have wondered this I have easily 50 albums from my old scrapbook days now I am doing project life and I am trying to do only 1/year which seems like a lot less. I am not concerned with if every photo makes the cut as I blog some of my favorites too.

Catherine said...

I feel your pain. I did the POTD albums for 5 years and realized that it was just too much space-wise, so I went to a monthly PL re-cap format and am loving it. I still scrapbook, but I'm really careful about which stories I tell. A lot of them get told in the PL album, but I still find some that need a layout to themselves.

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...