Thursday, February 19, 2009

Marvin the Loofa King

You know how when kids talk sometimes you have no clue what they are talking about and they just keep saying the same thing over and over, louder and louder like that will actually make you understand faster?

Well last night at dinner (which we had out at a little mexican restaurant not at home mind you) Ian was telling us a story about Marvin the Loofa King.  At least that is what dHubby and I kept hearing.  We kept asking him WHO, WHAT?  Is that on a cartoon?  And he kept saying it "You know Marvin the Loofa King".  Still no clue, I am racking my brain of all the cartoon characters, book characters, people in his school and can't think of anything that would resemble this.

Finally Ian says "Come on MOM remember we had a day named after him?"

And I say "Do you mean Martin Luther King?"

Ian, "Yeah, Marvin Loofa King"

OH thank goodness, we finally figured it out.  Now to get him some medicine to get his nose unstuffed up so he can talk!!!

We had this whole conversation because his placemat was all about the presidents and he was telling about what he had learned about Presidents Day and that just (naturally in the mind of a 6 year old) led to talking about all days that were special and a day off from school.

11 comments:

Lacey said...

Too cute! This kids definitely keep us hopping...eh :)

*Paula* said...

that is FUNNY! Glad you figured it out!

Catherine said...

LOL! That's great!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Now who could resist a post w/ this title?? LOL! Hilarious!!

Sweet Peripety said...

hehe! very very funny!

vtpuggirl said...

LOL, kids!

audrey neal said...

oh, that's just too funny! and I love how they always just look at you and say "Yeah, that's what I said!" in this totally exasperated voice...

debbiec said...

now THAT is hilarious!!!!

Mel H. said...

LMBO! Thanks for the laugh this morning Jen.

lisa said...

SO flippin funny!! I shared this story with friends at dinner the other night, so Ian's hilarity is spreading nationwide!

Melanie said...

LOL!!! He is so hilarious!!!

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...