Thursday, September 21, 2006

Gas Prices & Best Friends

Well the price of gas has finally fallen below $2.00 here. We are at $1.97!!! Woo Hoo -- hubby and I already filled both trucks and all the gas cans for the lawn mower and weed eater up last night. On the news this morning they were actually saying as long as we don't have a late season hurricane we could see as low as $1.30 - $1.50 soon. Wouldn't that be nice. Keeping fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

Last night we went to I.'s preschool ice cream social. I have met the mom of one of his friends and all of our kids are the same age so we are planning on some play dates for them which will be fun. Well we were all walking back to our cars and I. is holding onto this little boy's hand and he turns to hubby and I and says "This is my best friend." Bless his heart cause I think it broke hubby's. He feels so bad that the military will be moving us away next year, now that I. is finally settling in and making friends. I know we can keep in touch but at the same time I am still so sad, I love it here.

2 comments:

erin said...

I am sure that is so hard having to move alot - especially with kids. ((Hugs))

Sibylle said...

We used to move a lot as kids. I don't know why, my dad was a teacher, but I guess we stayed in one place longer than military kids. I finished off school in a Navy town, so many of my good friends were Navy kids. It was always sad to say good byes. However, I'm still friends with many of them today. 20 years later.

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...