Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Santa was good to us...

...the boys got more toys than they could even play with. I. was so busy bouncing from one toy to another and poor little E. was just plain overwhelmed by the whole experience.

We spent the day with my parents, my sister and her husband and my grandma. The funniest part of Christmas day was I. saying after openning up about his 5 box of clothes, "Please tell her not to buy more clothes!" My sister is my sons' fashion advisor. She makes sure they look all GQ. But I. really wanted to find the toys. :)

What did I get? Well my big present was the newest version of Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite. Dhubby got it with his student discount and decided that I should have a real version of it and not some weird version that had the manuals all printed in some Afghany language. He also got me the Dummies Guide to Photoshop CS2. That will be helpful. I also got Harry Potter book #6, which I have been dying to read, another Store-in-style cube for my paper, a pretty shirt that Dhubby picked out all by himself and new pjs. The boys got me the new MM tag maker and a bunch of empty tags and a shiny red cookbook holder and Santa renewed my Creating Keepsakes magazine subscription. All in all I did pretty good. My in-laws got Dhubby and me new stainless pots and pans and monogrammed silver setting for 12 {it is gorgeous}. My parents got us a wet/dry dust buster and a weight bench and weights. They are for our New Year's resolution to get 'buff & sexy' for each other. My sister got us a gift certificate to the new Japanesse steakhouse in Dubuque and a coupon for free babysitting. :)

I am glad that Christmas is over though and that things can get back to normal {whatever that is right}. Next year I want to work on not spending so much money and making sure that everyone knows that I love them. I think everyone would agree with this, we are all getting older and it is harder to find things that we want that we don't just run out and get when we want them. It sucks because I want presents but don't want to spend money just to spend it. I will have to think more on this, but like I said it was a good Christmas.

No comments:

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...