Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Costumes

It's Halloween and that means costumes!!! My boys both knew exactly what they wanted to be at the beginning of the month. Evan wanted to get the Bumblebee Transformer costume and he looked so cute because it fit him like a glove and Ian wanted to be a soldier, wearing Daddy's old BDUs. That is the costume that I made. I took all Darren's brown BDUs apart and used them as the fabric for my little soldier costume for Ian. He looked so cute it in and I got lots of compliments about all his little patches and stuff!!
At Ian's school they had their storybook parade and Evan sat with the second graders in the gym to watch the parade. Each child got to wear their costume as long as they brought a book to match their costume. He picked his Avengers comic book that the Army made because it had soldiers in it.
After school we invited Ian's best friend and his mom to come over and hang out with us. We had some dinner and then took the kids trick or treating in the neighborhood. After it got really dark and the kids were tired of walking we came back home and hung out in the front yard with our big bowl of candy and some glow sticks. The kids had a great time flagging other kids down with their glow sticks and handing out candy.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

They both look SO adorable! How cool that you made Ian's costume from Darrin's old BDUs! :)

Catherine said...

Look how cute they are!!

Helmka Family said...

They look adorable! Sounds like a fun Halloween.
Karen

erin said...

They look great! Halloween is so fun!

janalee said...

They both look awesome [adorable, but since they're boys, they wouldn't like that word as much, I'm sure!] in their costumes. Kudos to you for sewing Ian's- it looks just like a regular uniform!

Lacey said...

Too cute! And you are just so crafty...you make me jealous )in a good way:-).

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...