Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Around the World at Christmas Time


That's the name of the 1st Grade Christmas Program this year. They sang songs from all around the world. I have the program with the song names but I will have to put them in later because it is in the back of Darren's truck right now.

Ian was so cute in his Santa hat. He didn't want to wear it after he got there because none of his friends were wearing a hat, man I sure hope we aren't getting into that whole peer pressure thing already, I am totally not ready for that.
He has this funny look on his face in a lot of my pictures and when I asked him what was wrong after the show because I thought maybe his throat was bothering him from singing his lungs out like he likes too, he said no, he had to sneeze. LOL!! That's my kid!!


The highlight for Ian was getting to be a bell ringer during "I Saw Three Ships". It has been all he talked about for the last month. He did a great job!!







And what would be Christmas around the world if you didn't have a song that represents Christmas in Mexico, you know since we live in Texas and many of the same traditions are done here. So they danced and pretended to swing at a pinata!!! ((Ian said he really wanted to be the person holding the pinata but he didn't get that part.))







That's Ian's friend Patrick playing Santa Claus!!



The whole first grade!!!


9 comments:

Catherine said...

What a cute program!

Judy said...

I can't beleive that they actually call it a Christmas program. It seems that in schools they have to call them holiday programs..cuz heaven forbid we use the word Christmas, it might offend someone. I'm glad that he had such a good time. He looks like he was enjoying it for the most part.

Joellyn said...

You have some great pictures and Ian look adorable in the Santa hat.

erin said...

you gotta love first grade programs! this one looks really entertaining!

Helmka Family said...

You got some great photos! Looks like a cute program.
Karen

debbiec said...

dude, i can't believe you have a FIRST GRADER! they grow too fast! and too cute. :)
great pics. and super cute blog lately!

Mary Perry said...

OMG, they just look too adorable. Ian just makes me smile from ear to ear. He is just loving life.

lisa said...

Wow!! HUGE group of kids! Great program, love all the pics, thanks so much for sharing!

Melanie said...

I don't think our kids are even having a Christmas program. Ian looks so cute in his hat. I hope there's not the peer pressure thing already too. I'm glad he wore his hat after all!

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...