Saturday, January 17, 2009

Making things harder than necessary...

This layout is for 2 challenges that I wanted to complete this week.  First was for the ScrapShanty's Order Up challenge by Kim.  It is a recipe type challenge, I had to use white cardstock as my background, bling, and highlight words in my journaling.  It was also this week's color challenge over at Color Combos Galore.
Why does this scan look funny you might ask yourself, well that is the making things harder on myself part of the title.  For some reason I had this great idea that this layout would be wonderful if I traced a sheet of Making Memories scalloped circle paper and use it as my background.  If you think this looks good and want to try it yourself, invest in a large format cutter to do it for you.  It was not fun hand cutting all those little scallops.  Or just buy the Making Memories paper in the right colors!  LOL!!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

I love this layout! It looks fantastic, but I agree, it would be a real PITB to cut those all by hand!

lisa said...

Oh yeah. I woulda got about half those scallops cut and said,nevermind. Super cute though! Worth the effort!

lisa said...

Oh yeah. I woulda got about half those scallops cut and said,nevermind. Super cute though! Worth the effort!

Helmka Family said...

Fab layout! Worth the extra effort. ;)
TFS!
karen

debbiec said...

cutie beaker!
i love the scallop. hey...is that dirty white cs!!?!? LOL!!!!! j/k of course!

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...