This is the brussel sprout recipe that we tried for Christmas dinner because I am a big brussel sprout lover. I tweeked it a bit when I made it today and I think I like it a lot more. I love the color of the brussel sprouts after they have been cooked, so nice and green!!!Jen's Brussel Sprouts
1 pound of brussel sprouts
1/4 pound of bacon (the original called for pancetta but I prefer bacon for the price)
2 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper to taste
How to:
1. Clean brussel sprouts and put in a pot of boiling water. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and run cool water over them to stop the cooking process. Slice in half and set aside.
2. In a fry pan, fry up the bacon good and crispy. Take bacon out to drain and get rid of all but about 2 Tbsp of the bacon fat.
3. Add 2 cloves of garlic to the bacon fat in the pan. (Darren and I have decided the best tool in the whole wide world is our new Pampered Chef garlic press.) Next over medium heat, add the halved brussel sprouts and crumble bacon over the top of them. Stir and cook until well coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste, because of the bacon you really don't need a lot of salt.
Enjoy!!! And if you want to see the original recipe. It is Jasmine's Brussels Sprouts from allrecipes.com.
7 comments:
mmm, anything can be great with bacon!! ill have to save this recipe, we just tried brussles with the kids last week, and they werent too impressed :) bacon might do the trick... yum.
No, my kids won't eat it. They won't even try it. *SIGH* Maybe I should borrow your kids. :)
OMG, I came across this recipe, right after Christmas, and was drooling over it. I am going to have to try this.
So, I'm not a big Brussel Spouts eater, but your dish looks gorgeous and I'm impressed that you have access to pancetta. :)
This sounds yummy! I love brussel spouts. Will have to try this recipe.
TFS!
Karen
As an adult, I LOVE brussel sprouts,as a kid. Wish my mom had had this recipe!! Tha
Thanks for sharing,I'll be trying soon!!
YOU'VE BEEN PHOTO TAGGED!! GO TO YOUR PICTURE FILES...4TH FOLDER, 4TH PIC. BLOG IT!
sounds like a good recipe!! and yes the PC garlic press is the BFF to all cooks. I even use it to run small amounts of cheese that needs to be "shreded". chunk it up..presto (only works for sorta soft cheeses- I do cheddar and motz really easy).
Post a Comment