So we have had like our very own Wildlife Kingdom going on in the backyard the last couple of days, yesterday hummingbirds and today DUCKS!! And let me tell you Momma wasn't happy that he babies somehow got stuck in my backyard. I went to let Beaker outside this afternoon before we left for playgroup and this is what I saw.



Somehow from the yard behind us, 3 of her babies got into the fence and somehow got stuck in our backyard and couldn't get back to the rest of the group. I ended up calling animal control because not only could they not get out, I couldn't let poor Beaker outside and the Momma was attacking us. This is a picture that you get when a Momma duck is attacking you by the way!!
Somehow the babies got back on the other side of the fence again by the time animal control got to the house (and they were really quick too) and the girl went to the house behind mine and tried to sho them out the gate but they wouldn't have it. There ended up being 14 babies and the Momma and Dadda in the other people's yard. Somehow they all got in between the fences between our two yards (because we live in different neighborhoods there are two fences back to back) and they had like their own little highway down towards the park which is where the animal control girl thinks they went. It was much quieter after they were gone and she told me to call if they came back which they (knock on wood) haven't yet.
They are pretty cute for wood ducks though aren't they?
8 comments:
Cool looking ducks - they don't look vicious. LOL Love the attack photo.
You cracked me up with your photo showing the attack. LOL! They are gorgeous ducks. Not while attacking though. LOL!
LOL! The attack photo is too funny! I will trade you ducks for the snake in our backyard:)
Oh my seriously laughing out loud in regards to the blurry picture. What a story...you have to do a layout about that.
What cute little babies. We haven't had ducks, but lots of rabbits. And I mean lots of rabbits.
Was the blurry picture the one you took when I was on the phone with you?!! You're too funny, Jen. You got some great pics of the babies.
how funny! i love the action shot!!
Those are cute little ducks. Sounds like an interesting day, LOL!
Post a Comment