
I have been watering the grass like crazy the last couple of days because the TrueGreen guys came and did their summer fertilization of the grass and it is all turning brown because we have been so dry here. Well the hummingbirds must be thirsty too (reminds me I need to go out and change the hummingbird feeder again today) because there were three of them flying around in the water of the sprinkler and drinking off the leaves of the little magnolia tree in the backyard. Of course when I went to get the camera they were gone but I love seeing those little guys flying around in the backyard.
Other than the fact that we haven't gotten any sizable rain in a very long time and that I am thinking about teaching the kids rain dances (watch when swim lessons start it will rain every day) we have been busy doing lots of nothing. We joined the local pool and Ian is really starting really hard to try to swim. It is cute, kind of a modified doggy paddle but still he is working it!! And Evan isn't afraid of getting in the pool like he was last year so I am hoping that he will like swimming lessons too. We saw the movie Kung Fu Panda last weekend and both the kids like to try out their Kung Fu moves and jumps which is pretty cute, I really should download the song Kung Fu Fighting for them to dance to. Today we are going to try to get out to see Alvin and the Chipmunks as it is today's free movie at the theater. The boys love going to the movie theather!
1 comment:
That is awesome that you get hummingbirds in your yard. Teh only thing I get in my yard lately are caterpillars and slus. Ewwww!
Post a Comment