List your family members and what you got for them. What about that present made you feel like this was the right gift for them? Some ideas for journaling or for LOs might include contrasting the present this year with last year (usually more pertinent when talking about kids because their interests might change from year to year), or contrasting the different interests between family members.
Darren (dhubby) - drill press, pjs, star wars risk (from Santa)
Ian (oldest son) - star wars action figures and ships (from Santa), books and legos (from mom and dad and little brother)
Evan (youngest son) - Cars cars and big red James (from Santa), coloring books and puzzles (from mom and dad and big brother)
Beaker (dog) - can of moist dog food (her special treat from Santa ever Xmas), treats (from mom and dad and the boys)
Grandparents - both of them got Kodak digital frames this year
Niece - toddler markers from Crayola and coloring books (from the boys) and a really cute little outfit (from hubby and me)
Darren's brother and SIL - they don't have kids so we still always get them something and this year they bought a Wii so we got them a game for it.
So there is the list of who got what. As for why did we pick that for them? Well we got the kids what they liked from Santa and then from us we tried to just get little things. Neither of my kids are hurting for toys so we tried to get lots of books, games and puzzles that we can all play together this year. The kids are basically getting what they asked Santa for because neither of them wanted a lot they each asked him for one thing and so we got them for them.
My parents and Darren's parents are getting harder and harder to shop for because just like us if they want something they go out and get it. So the digital picture frames are good since they don't get to see the grandkids as much anymore. I taught them both how to download pictures to them so I can email them new pictures throughout the year.
We don't exchange gifts with my sister and BIL anymore, we just get things for each others kids and I like it that way. But I always feel bad because Darren's brother and SIL don't have kids so I always try to get them something from the boys at least.
No one asked what I wanted in this question... and if Santa asks, I really want that game Rockband for the Playstation. The drum set is so much fun!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment