Monday, December 03, 2007

Holiday Memory #3

Holiday Memory #3 = Putting Up the Tree
Do you have a live or an artificial tree? Why do you have one versus the other type? You might want to expand this into talking about why you’ve chosen a live versus an artificial tree.

I love the way real trees smell, there isn't an air freshner in the world that really smells the way that a real fir tree smells. But with a dog who thinks the world is her water dish we have to go with an artifical tree because it would be dead so quickly because I would forget to water it as often as it needed to be. Plus the clean up on an artifical tree is so much simplier, vacuum the rug once before it goes up and again after you put it up and you normally just can get by with cleaning as normal.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I remember getting a real tree with my family as a little kid and I kind of remember my dad cursing at the thing trying to cut it so that it would fit in the metal stand. Makes me think of that movie with Ralphie called The Christmas Story. ((I love that movie.))
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And my hubby would probably kill me if he knew THIS was the picture of putting up the tree I was using but it is so funny that he is under the tree trying to do something to fix it. ((Now can you see why every year we talk about getting new one?))
**Pictures are from last year because I didn't get any of us putting up the tree this year just decorating it.**

1 comment:

Melanie said...

ROFLMBO! That's a hilarious photo, especially since Ian is under there, too!

Feb 1, 2018

I'm trying to finish up some of last week's memory planning while I wait to leave to pick Evan up from his Robotics Executive mee...