Describe how you wrap your presents. Do you go very simple with just plain wrapping paper or gift bags or do you go all out with bows and handmade tags, etc.? Do you wrap your gifts before sending them in the mail? When do you wrap your gifts—right away or at the last minute?
I love seeing presents wrapped under the tree and I wish I had a tree like Martha Stewart's where every gift was splendidly wrapped with a big fancy bow and tag but mine are more practically gift wrapped. I buy the prettiest paper that I can afford and normally will get about 3 different patterns. I don't like all the presents under the tree to look the same. I am really good at wrapping, I get the corners all tucked in real neat and stuff. But as far as bows go, I normally skip them. They tend to get crushed under the tree and you can't just wrap the gift in brown paper if you have to mail it which I normally end up doing for a lot of our gifts since we live so far away from family and friends. ((So yes Virginia, I do wrap gifts that I mail :) ))
Right now under the tree all the gifts for us from us are wrapped and under the tree along with some from relatives for the kids and for friends from us that we want to give away as close to Christmas as possible.
Santa in Darren's family never wrapped things (mainly because before I arrived in their lives they didn't like to wrap anything, I remember how mad his little brother was the first year I was with them to celebrate because everything was wrapped so he didn't know what he was getting LOL). So this year to honor that tradition (since we are trying to make our own traditions with the kids) Santa isn't wrapping the gifts to us or the kids. If this doesn't work out next year Santa WILL wrap the gifts so the kids will have to open them one at a time.
1 comment:
We wrap all of ours, too. Of course, we don't even set them out until Christmas Eve, so it probably doesn't matter, but the kids love tearing the paper off SO much!
Post a Comment